Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Start of Chroma:Blue





I've been researching the color blue for several months taking notes and thinking.  Over the last couple of weeks I've started laying out the modules and just last night finished the first one.  It was supposed to be simply the texture/color range one but has morphed into a sort of sea creature so I may add a few shells eventually.  The underlying element is a weaving I did, and then I stitched all over it to integrate it into the ground fabrics.  Of course I dyed all the yarns and other texturing materials.  It's heavily embroidered and appliqued, and I made the fabric beads.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these fantastic textures! I immediately thought of the sea when looking at this piece and I think shell would work so great. Did you find on your research that 75% of people pick blue as a favorite color? I learned that in a color class I took in college. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete